Travis AFB, CA Housing and Relocation Information
Basic Allowance For Housing (BAH) gives active service members two options for housing; living on base or finding a home off-base within the community.
- Once you've received orders to move, contact the Housing Management Office (707) 424-1746. They can answer all of your housing questions and provide services such as referrals, resolving tenant-landlord disputes, and guidance for entering lease agreements.
On Base Housing
- For single airmen with less than 3 years of service within the rank of E1-E4, contact the Unaccompanied Housing Office (707) 424-2776.
- On-base housing for Travis AFB is privatized and provided by Balfour Beatty Communities (707) 437-4571, which offers 2-4 bedroom homes based on rank and family size. Some amenities may include: fenced yard, AC, washer/dryer hookups and garage. The communities feature picnic areas, a dog park, playgrounds and a new community garden.
Off Base Housing
Looking to live off-base? Search our database for rentals and homes for sale.
Buy A House
- Click here to contact a local Real Estate Agent
- Click here to view Homes for Sale
- Click here for a list of Preferred Lenders
Not sure where you are going? Click here for other installations
Travis AFB is just outside the cities of Fairfield and Suisun City, California. These cities and the surrounding communities have a population of about 421,000 people. Other nearby communities include Vacaville, and Dixon; all of these are within half an hour commute of base: Fairfield is only about 15 minutes away, and Suisun City about 20 minutes away. Sacramento and San Francisco are both about an hour away from Travis, in opposite directions.
About the Base
Travis Air Force Base is home to the 60th Air Mobility Wing which is the largest in the Air Force's Air Mobility Command. Aircraft included in the wing's missions include the KC-10 Extenders, the C-17 Globemaster III and the C-5 Galaxies aircraft. Travis Air Force Base is located in the greater San Francisco Bay area and is known as the "Gateway to the Pacific". Travis is known for its support of humanitarian airlift operations worldwide.